AIM for Climate Summit
The United States will host the AIM for Climate Summit at the JW Marriott on May 8-10, 2023 in Washington, D.C., to bring together partners to increase and accelerate investment in and support for agriculture and food systems innovation for climate action.
Supported by the Foundation for Food & Agriculture Research (FFAR), the Summit will spotlight opportunities for climate solutions and amplify climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation in the lead-up to COP28 in the United Arab Emirates. This premier global event, exclusively for AIM for Climate partners, will provide a game-changing platform to raise ambition, build collaborations, and share knowledge on climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation.
AIM for Climate Summit Highlights:
- Featured keynote speakers:
- Thomas J. Vilsack, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture
- HE Mariam bint Mohammed Almheiri, UAE Minister of Climate Change and Environment
- Additional speakers will be announced soon!
- Call to Action: Uniting Global Venture Investment in support of Climate-Smart Agricultural Innovation: Increased investment in climate-smart agricultural innovation by the venture community is critical to fund startups, early-stage, and emerging companies to advance solutions that can simultaneously tackle the challenges of global hunger, food insecurity and climate change. High-level activities and/or events with organizations who respond to the call to accelerate support of climate-smart agricultural innovation made at COP27.
- Grand Challenge: Leveraging the Power of AI and Machine-Learning: AIM for Climate partner Enterprise Neurosystem, an open-source community of leading academic institutions and chief scientists of America’s top technology companies, will host this Grand Challenge. Finalists will be invited to present and winners will be announced. The public pitch competition will initially be hosted on the newly launched AIM for Climate Innovation Hub platform.
- AIM for Climate Government Partner Ministerial is planned during which government partners will be invited to make announcements in support of AIM for Climate to include increased investments in support of climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation.
- Engaging breakout sessions highlighting new investments, partnerships and progress. AIM for Climate partners will be invited to submit session proposals with priority given to those that include announcement of increased investments and highlight new partnerships and tangible progress.
- An interactive exhibit hall to showcase climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation. AIM for Climate partners will be invited to apply to participate in the Summit’s interactiv, sensory focused, exhibit hall.
- AIM for Climate partners will be invited to submit proposals to host and facilitate tours and/or other interactive activities in and around the Washington, DC area for Summit participants.
Other exciting activities to be announced!
Detailed Agenda Forthcoming